FAREWELL TO CHIMALA MISSION

Today, I post my last post to this blog site.   I am extremely sad to have to do this.  Chimala Mission, especially the Chimala community, have been my family and friends for the last 6 years.  I came to Chimala believing God wanted me to help this community with the talents He has blessed me with.  Chimala Mission was an existing mission where I could help both the mission and the community.  My plans were to be there in this work for many years, even possibly the rest of my life.

Unfortunately, the situation at the mission changed and my plans were then not my own.  I am back in Oklahoma where I will put my life back together and find a job.  I will also see what God holds for me next.  Even when things go badly wrong or we get knocked off our path, God is in control!  He will and can change an unfortunate event into something Great!  We, you and I, with the help of God provided much great assistance to the Chimala community.  Many improvements were made, many were taught the Bible, many were saved both physically and spiritually.

There is still much need in the Chimala community.  Please continue to pray for them and that the over-seers of the mission continue to work with the people to assist them in their needs.

I am praying for much guidance and understanding as I look for another plan to follow God's path for me.  I pray for strength, wisdom and the ability to forgive and move forward quickly.  Below are several pictures from my last days at the mission.  In the one of the hospital, you can easily see much of our progress as all the blue roofed areas were remodeled or newly built in the last 6 years.


My Bible class ladies wanted to say good-bye.  Such a wonderful group of ladies.  They gave me a great compliment by stating that I was different from all the other missionaries who had visited their community.  They said I was the first one to come and stay.  All others visited and then left.  

They were very sad and heartbroken, but blessed me with gifts and food as well as the wonderful time with them.

The men of the church came as well.  The whole church wished me well, even offering me a home in their community!

I was "momma" to many people.  They taught me how to love better than I had before.


They refused to have a party for me as they said a party indicated they agreed with my leaving and they did not.  But they had a get together where we cooked two goats and had time talking with one another.



They did surprise me with several gifts of love.  I will always carry these people in my heart.





Tears of sadness were plentiful as we all had hoped to be together for a great long while.  I miss them all every day.


This is Tausi.  She is one of the many students who have been assisted with school fees through my mission work.  She graduates this month from college.  She feels so thankful and blessed.


I would like to finish this post with one reminder from our KING.  Remember your neighbor is everyone,especially your fellow Christians.

Matthew 22:37-38

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind"  This is the first and greatest commandment.  And the second is like it: "Love your neighbor as yourself"



Comments

  1. Love, hugs, and prayers for you and for your Chimbala family in this difficult transition.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

OC Students leave their "mark".....

From Tanzania to Oregon