September review in Pictures

September is almost gone and my writing has again been poor.  Not writing does not mean that nothing important is happening...it means I have been Busy!  I will try to show you the work in pictures with just a few words.

These are the "behind the scenes" guys.  The estate workers.  Some are carpenters, plumbers, electricians, mechanics, ditch workers and machine shop workers.  They work wherever needed.  I can keep them busy by myself and yet I am only one of many who require their help daily!

 Pediatric patients lining up for physician rounds.
 
Paulina, a med student from Germany and Dr. Peter seeing pediatric patients
 
Leda keeps our medical stores in order.  She and I are planning to put the inventory on computer and design a more efficient system for ordering supplies each month.  Currently it is taking two - three days to determine what supplies are needed.

This is the out-patient waiting area.  Mondays and Tuesdays are usually the busiest.
Paulina and Dr. Peter with other staff performing a C-section.

Francis, our new pharmacy assistant.  We are so glad to have this level of pharmacist.  He is the highest educated pharmacy worker we have had in many years.  He and I are also working on a new system for his ordering process.

 
Here we are repairing the springs on the pediatric beds and then painting them to make them look good as new.  Let me tell what tho`, carrying those beds up hill from the hospital to a place to paint them was torcher.

 
 

 We were also able to get rid of 5 more nasty mattresses and replace them with new ones due to people who donated money to my workfund.  We placed them in the private rooms and also re-covered some chairs which were in bad shape.  I am learning to do all kinds of things!
Three additional beds were put into use in the male ward.  There are many times when patients are lying on the floor because we do not have enough beds.  It is my prayer that those times are less and less.  Since March we have put a total of 7 more beds in service.


 We were also able to purchase 2 new suction machines which were in desperate need.  Previously we only had one for labour and delivery and one for surgery.  Now we have two for use in the wards.

 

Teaching is another thing I enjoy doing.  Here I am teaching fire safey to the dorm moms (dads). 

 One weekend, we took time away from hospital and had a picnic at God's Bridge.  Relaxing once in a while amoung God's beauiful world is just what the doctor ordered.
 
 While we were there, a group of school girls arrived.  They were so fun.  They loved Lexi and Paulina. 
 
James is one of the drivers and my preferred driver.  He also enjoyed the view and the time to relax. 
Here we are having lunch in Mbeya.  This is where we have to go to do our grocery shopping.  Mbeya is about 90 minutes from Chimala..
I saw a brownie mix at the store and was really surprised and excited.  I decided to buy it so we could all enjoy a treat.  I purchased several items along with the brownies and was quite shocked at my total, but paid and continued home.  Once we arrived at home, I looked closer at the receipt only to find that the brownies cost me $18USD!!!!  What????  Guess that will teach me to buy a treat without first checking the price.  NO MORE brownies for me from Tanzania.  And I might add....they weren't worth the price.  Of course, once I knew the cost, they would have never been good enough!
This little one made my day!  Most children are afraid of the white person.  This little girl was laughing out loud at me!  Such a joy for her mother and me.
Dry season in the plains.  This picture is from the village "Kapunga".  I plan to start a mobile clinic here in the near future as well.  These families work during the rainy season in the rice fields, but really struggle at this time of year.

 
September has been a busy, productive and wonderful month.  I continue to pray that God will provide continued support for this work and allow me to be a part of it.  May God bless all of you.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAREWELL TO CHIMALA MISSION

OC Students leave their "mark".....

From Tanzania to Oregon