Preparation Time

So what do I do while I am waiting around for my Tanzanian visa?  Well, there always seems to be plenty to do.

I am enjoying the extra time with my family.  It is always good to be able to spend extra quality time with with your family.  I just wish it was a bit more uneventful.  My mother somehow managed to break the knee cap in her artificial knee.  Not sure when or how, but she had surgery this week on Wednesday.  Thank the Lord, all went well and she is back home and I am here to help with her recovery.  Then my dad was unloading some cows and somehow managed to fall face first into the cattle trail or.  He walks into the house with a big scrapped area right in the middle on his forehead, a small cut to his right eyebrow and his left knee all scrapped up.   I guess the ole' saying "never a dull moment" fits very well to our family.

I am also attempting to learn some more Swahili which is the language I will need to know in Tanzania...but, I will have to admit I have not been as good at self study as I should be.  I also have had several meetings with church members and friends giving updates on the work I plan to do in Tanzania.  Without all those who support me and the work,  there would be no work.  It takes many of us working together to successfully provide help to those in need.

Next week, I am traveling to Guatemala to visit with a friend who has been doing medical missions there for the past 5 years.  She has been very successful in her work and so I am looking forward to spending a couple of weeks learning from her.  

My prayer during my state-side time is that I use the time in a manner which is pleasing to the Lord and which will help with the success of medical missions in Tanzania.  I continue to study the culture, learn more about the medical issues in Tanzania and grow my relationship with God.  

Ephesians 4:11-13. "It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAREWELL TO CHIMALA MISSION

OC Students leave their "mark".....

From Tanzania to Oregon