What's Hap'ning?

So here I am beginning a new exciting chapter of service for the Lord!  I am preparing to move to Chimala, Tanzania in October.  I can't wait!!  I spent 2 months in Chimala this summer at the Chimala Mission and Hospital.  What a great experience.   This mission is over-seen by the New York Avenue Church of Christ in Arlington, TX.  My church family at Memorial Road Church of Christ will be generously sponsoring and supporting me while I work in Chimala.

My focus will be going out to surrounding villages teaching health education, holding mobile medical clinics and sharing the love of God.  Even though the mission has a hospital, many in the surrounding villages can not access the services because of extreme poverty.  Many more do not seek out the health services they need until it is too late.  I believe teaching disease prevention and basic health care can improve the daily lives of many.  Through these services, I pray I will be able to provide a glimpse of God's Love for them.  Enough of a glimpse that they will want more and will hunger for His Word and find His salvation.

The administrator at the mission, Chad, is currently working to obtain my residency visa.  Once we have that, I will be on my way.  I will keep you up dated as things progress.  Please pray for the work going on at the Chimala Mission and for all those who are involved.

Comments

  1. Cheryl, do have (or want) the Handbook for Health Care In Developing Countries? It may help you with lesson plans. http://www.ihcf.net/resources.html

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FAREWELL TO CHIMALA MISSION

OC Students leave their "mark".....

From Tanzania to Oregon