Another travel date bites the dust...

Well as most of you know, I have been busy over the past two weeks preparing to leave for Tanzania today.  I found a wonderful home for Mocha.  He is with a family who have two children and they are spoiling him even more than I had.  I do miss him, but am so happy to have found a good home for him.  I have packed, unpacked, and repacked trying to get down from 4 suitcases to 3.  I have to pay $200 for suitcases over 2.  Bob, who I was traveling with, was going to take one of mine and I wanted to only have 2 more for me to take....but it didn't matter what I took out or how I rearranged, I still have 4 - 50 pound bags. 

I have sold my little car I purchased for a small fee and cleaned up the spare bedroom where I have been living for the past 6 months.  And, lo and behold, I received a phone call on Thursday morning informing me that once again I had to delay my plans.  The Tanzanian Immigration office still does not have my residency permit ready.  Now they are promising it for next week, so I have rescheduled my departure for January 17th.  I think I will refuse to unpack the items I have packed!

Now for the "Silver Lining".  Most of you are aware that my mother has been having great diffuculties after surgury for a broken knee cap.  This delay in my departure means I will be able to  help her for a little longer which is great!  And, we are expecting a new grandbaby any day now, and so I will be here to meet her when she arrives.  So, even tho' I was dissappointed to have the delay again, I am happy to have a reason to stay a little while longer. 

I just finished reading "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan yesterday.  It is a great read.  No, it is not a romance novel, it is a book about God's Love for us and the attitudes of today's Christains.  I have now begun another Francis Chan book entitled "The Forgotten God".  So far, I would say I will enjoy this one every bit as much.  He made me re-evaluate myself and re-think alot about my actions.  I don't know about you, but I need someone to make me do this.  Anyway, I recommend everyone pick them up and read them.

For the next few days, I will continue to finish up some last minute details and spend more time with my family.  I love you all and appreciate your continued support.  May God be your first priority in 2013.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAREWELL TO CHIMALA MISSION

OC Students leave their "mark".....

From Tanzania to Oregon