"Leaving....On a Jet Plane"

Well, it looks like I am finally on my way!  I am all set to leave for Chimala, Tanzania, East Africa TOMORROW MORNING!  I am so excited to be going back.  I am afraid living back in the USA for almost 8 months has made me spoiled again.  We really are fortunate to live in America, so thank God every day for being blessed to live in this country.

Anyway, I leave in the morning from OKC to Dulles, to Zurich, Switzerland to Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania.  This will take two days traveling.  I will leave at 11:45am on Jan. 17 and arrive in Tanzania at 9pm on Jan. 19.  I do not particularly like being on cramped planes for that long or for sitting that long, but it must be done.  I will travel from here to Dulles by myself, but will be joined there by 3 others who will travel the rest of the way with me.  I am so glad to have travel companions because you know......misery loves company....and company to visit with and share with often makes the unpleasant much more enjoyable.

While I am excited and blessed to be able to go into the mission field, I do feel sad to leave family and friends behind.  Many of you are not aware, but my mom has had 5 knee surgeries in the last 5 months.  It has been a blessing in disguise to be here to help her during this time.  Anyway we are blessed that her last surgery went very well and she is now on her way to recovery.  I just became a grandmother for the second time.  It is difficult at times to think about missing them growing up.  Babies and kids are so fun and lovable.  I will miss my dad, daughter, my sister, my brother and my nieces and nephews, but I will talk with them often. 

I would like to share with you something special which my sister, Brenda and my niece, Jenna did for me.  They made me a very special bag for carrying my nursing supplies in.  It is too cute to explain, so instead I will show you pictures of it.  To me, this is so loving and thoughtful and will help me to smile and think about them each and every time I use it...which will be very often!

 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
Isn't this just the greatest thing?  I love it!
 

 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAREWELL TO CHIMALA MISSION

OC Students leave their "mark".....

From Tanzania to Oregon