What is a "necessary evil?"

I have been thinking about writing this blog for the past week.  Every time I think about what I must say the saying "a necessary evil" pops in my head.  So then I started asking myself  "Just what is a "necessary evil?"   "What evil could be necessary?"  Could any evil really be necessary?   So I have decided that what I need to say is really a "necessary dislike"!  I truly dislike having to write about what I MUST write about.  But here it is anyway.....FUND RAISING.

So here it is...short, sweet and to the point.

There are two financial needs which a missionary needs.  The first need is for personal support.  This support covers items such as food, clothing, insurance, medications, dental work, etc.  The second financial need is for "workfunds".  Workfunds are used to pay for anything needed for the mission work.  In my case this would include medications for mobile clinics, fuel for local travel, Tanzanian workers who help with the mission, vehicle repairs, supplies to assist with mission work, bibles to pass out, etc.

For the past two years, I have been blessed to have my personal financial support provided by my church family.  However, this year my church has had so many requests and new works to assist that they will not be able to continue my personal support after July 31.  Therefore, I am praying for God to help open some new doors for support.  My personal month need is $1,500/month or $18,000/year. 

The workfunds I have been using have been generously donated by several individuals.  However, the donations I have been receiving have fallen short of my $1,500/month budget.

     Internet                       $ 50.00
     Phone                            50.00
     Medication/supplies    750.00
     Driver/Interpreter        100.00
    Vehicle expense           250.00
    Fuel                              300.00

As I stated earlier, I truly dislike requesting help.  But without your help, I will not be able to continue working here at the Chimala Mission in Tanzania, Africa.  I love using the talent God has given me (nursing) to help those in need.  I believe God wants me to be here and will open your hearts (and wallets) to partner with me in this work.  Any amount you are willing to assist me with either monthly, annually or a one time donation will help.  Your donations can be sent to

Chimala Mission
5371 New York Avenue
Arlington, TX 76018

Please be sure to put a note with your donation to indicate that it is for Cheryl Bode's personal support or Cheryl Bode's workfund.  If you need references or any additional information, please feel free to contact me at cheryl.bode@yahoo.com OR my over-seeing congregation New York Avenue Church of Christ at chimalamission@gmail.com.

TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAREWELL TO CHIMALA MISSION

OC Students leave their "mark".....

From Tanzania to Oregon