First Mobile Medical Clinic a success

Yesterday, we held our first true mobile medical clinic at a village called Mfumbi.  I have been planning to begin mobile clinics since I moved here in January.  As you may recall, we did start a mobile clinic at Mapongala in June, but this clinic is for well baby/prenatal care.  Our new mobile clinic is for all patients with whatever complaints they may have.  I picked Mfumbi to be the first clinic because last year when I visited here, I held a small mobile clinic at that village. 

Many of the Mfumbi Church of Christ members were on hand to help us.  Our team included Dr. Mwakiposa, Menard, Hamisi, Stephen and myself.  We were very busy from 8am to 4pm.  We saw 92 patients, dispensed 312 medications and performed 26 lab tests.  Three HIV positive patients were identified and referred for appropriate consulting and treatment.  One 8 year old girl was identified to have heart disease and referred to the hospital.  We also identified 6 others who were in need of additional medical investigation and treatment.  One such patient will be having surgery next Monday.

One lady from the church took the children to sit in the shade under a tree where she read Bible stories to them.  Several men from the church took turns meeting with people after their medical consult and prayed with them.  The day was a huge success.

We will hold a mobile clinic at Mfumbi on the last Saturday of every month.

NOTE:  I have been attempting to send this report for 5 days.  I wanted to send you some good pictures of the day, but the internet is not cooperating.....so I have decided to post only the report.  If I can get the pictures posted later, I will share.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAREWELL TO CHIMALA MISSION

OC Students leave their "mark".....

From Tanzania to Oregon