Ask, Knock and Seek

Jesus tells us in Matthew 7:7-8 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."

I know without a doubt that God has ALWAYS been with me and provided for me.  He has done this even when I was not following him as I should.  I continue to trust in God to provide for my needs as I strive to follow his path for me.  However, I do not believe I have been doing my part.  I have not been doing enough Asking, Seeking and Knocking. 

ASK:  Will you please help me with the financial support I need to stay here?
I have been here at Chimala Mission for 14 months.  I have worked very hard to help those who are poor and sick.  I am providing mobile medical clinics to rural villages as an outreach program for the local church to reach out into the community opening doors to teach the Gospel of Christ. It has taken several months and a lot of work to build the relationships I have with those who work at the hospital as well as the various village church members and leaders.  If I were to leave now due to lack of support these relationships were be greatly damaged and trust for others in the future would be more difficult.  Too many people have come here with promises to help only to leave after a short time leaving them without much needed assistance and leadership.



SEEK:  I am seeking your prayers for the work here in Chimala. 
There are many things we are currently working on to improve the hospital here.  Currently the water provided for the hospital is river water, which means it is NOT clean, safe water.  One of the most basic of needs for anyone is clean, safe water.  This water is not safe for drinking, cleaning wounds, or cleaning equipment used for patient care.  The Lord is paving the way for us to bring clean water to this facility.  We are working with Water for the World in the US.  We will be receiving a couple of water filtering pumps next week and one of the their representatives will be joining us here at Chimala at the end of April.  At that time, we will be setting up the new filtering system and hopefully will have a safe, clean water for our facility.  The funds we have for this system are limited to a donation from Harding University Nursing Students.  Please pray that this process goes as planned, the funds we have are sufficient and clean water is supplied to our patients.

A second large undertaking we are working on is to improve the laboratory facilities and their testing capabilities.  The Walter Reed program is working closely with the Tanzanian Government to help provide HIV care and treatment.  Here at Chimala Mission, we see approximatly 2,000 HIV patients and we deliver close to 300 babies per month.  A piece of this program is to work to prevent Mother to Child transmission of HIV; therefore, we perform HIV testing on all mothers and provide consultations and treatment for those who are found to be positive.  Through this HIV program, we are striving to improve our laboratory facilities and to obtain the necessary lab equipment needed to provide good care.  Pray that through this partnership with Walter Reed, Chimala Mission Hospital will receive help to obtain the needed facility improvements and equipment for our laboratory.


 


KNOCK:  I am knocking on the door to your heart (and your pocket books).  Please open your hearts (and pocket books) to the needs of these poor people.
The majority of people in this country make less than $10/day.  Can you imagine that?  Ten dollars a day!  (not an hour)  Many families cannot afford to send their children to school.  Food is mainly corn and rice.  It is a treat to have meat on the table.  Many who are sick either die or wait too long to seek treatment because they simply do not have the money to come to the doctor.  The mobile clinics we take to the villages provide medical care at a lower cost in hopes of identifying illnesses early and to teach preventative medicine.  As you can imagine, the actual cost of providing these mobile clinics is much more than the money which we collect for the services.  Please open your heart to the needs of the poor and open your pockets to this work to allow us to continue.

Remodel needs for Bathrooms:  As I informed you a couple of weeks ago, our bathrooms are not remotely safe for our patients.  They are badly in need of cleaning and refurbishing.  The cost in US$ is $6,000.  I have asked for your help in raising this money.  As of February 28th, we have only received $240.  I am, therefore, knocking on your pocket-books again seeking these funds.





Throughout the Bible, we are taught to treat others as we would like to be treated.  Love each other; even your enemies; help the poor; and provide for the widows and orphans  .Please help Chimala Mission Hospital to provide the type of facilities and care which you would like to be provided.  I realize I am asking, seeking and knocking for a lot of things.  It is my prayer that God will bless you and help you to open yourself up to our work.  As we provide for the basic physical needs, we will also provide for their spiritual needs. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAREWELL TO CHIMALA MISSION

OC Students leave their "mark".....

From Tanzania to Oregon