Single Women's Missionary Retreat


October 21, 2018

Athens, Greece retreat notes
I left OKC yesterday to come to Athens for a single women’s missions retreat.  We had our first retreat of this kind two years ago and I found the experience to be quite up-lifting, rejuvenating and eye-opening. This is such a small world that the lady next to me on the first flight knows many of the same people I do!  It was a very nice trip visiting with a new friend.
This morning I arrived in Athens to a beautiful day!  The first bump in my road occurred when my luggage did not arrive.  Out of 3 bags, 3 bags decided to stay in Philadelphia! So same clothes for 3 days!  Ugh.  Arrived at the hotel and, of course, spent the afternoon napping.  At 4:50pm, I met up with some of the other ladies who had arrived, and we went to church services.
What a great Lord’s Day!  There were visitors from many different places.  A couple who I knew many years ago (11, to be exact) were visiting this church tonight as well.  For those of you who attend MRCC – I saw Bart and Tamika Rybinski!  So good to see old friends, but what a surprise that it would be in Greece.   We also were blessed to welcome two new brothers in Christ.  Two men from Iran who had been studying the Bible decided to obey the gospel.  What a privilege to witness their re-birth.

This evening (actually night, now), we had a very nice, big dinner and welcomed more ladies to our group.  The seminar will actually start tomorrow evening.   Now I'm off to bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAREWELL TO CHIMALA MISSION

OC Students leave their "mark".....

From Tanzania to Oregon