HAS ANYONE SEEN MY ANKLES…..?

 I seem to have left them in America!!


My feet are nothing to look at, but if you look closely…..my ankles have disappeared!  They were gone when I got off the plane and after a week, I still have not found them!

On a more pleasant note….I have made it to Chimala!  The trip here had many challenges, but I am now on the other side.  It was such a blessing to see the beauty of the green mountains and plains which I remember with such fondness.  And better yet was the sight of my many friends whom I have missed so much! 

I arrived here late Friday night.  On Saturday, I unpacked and greeted those who came by the house to greet me.  Sunday, I visited the Chimala Mission church to let them know I was here.  On Sunday evening, we (Menard who interprets for me and I) went to the Chosi A church.  Those who have visited in the past will remember this church by two other fond names we have given it.  The first was “The Bat” church.  When I first arrived in 2013, it was hard to concentrate on a sermon when bats were flying about the building.  Also, the church smelled of bat!  Other fond name was “The Childrens” church.  There are about 6 adults who attend regularly, and around 7 or 8 children.  If they know the wazungu (white people) are coming, there will be about 20 children who come from everywhere.



In the picture above, there are two little girls, sisters, in the front row.  One of them I treated many years ago for severe malnutrition.  She was brought by her grandmother (Bibi) to one of the mobile clinics.  When the girls saw me, they came running to me with their BIG smiles making me smile in return!  The hugs they gave me were so awesome!  Erasto, is the young man on the right front row and he was one of my patients which we treated for seizures.  This picture is basically the entire congregation of Chosi A.  A few older members and then several children.

On Monday and Tuesday, I went to the hospital to beginning getting re-oriented.  So much to learn and re-learn.  But for me,….so much fun!  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAREWELL TO CHIMALA MISSION

OC Students leave their "mark".....

From Tanzania to Oregon