The Time Has Come…

 To Go and Trust in the Lord.  You know, I mentioned a few weeks ago how I struggle sometimes between whether God is speaking or I am wanting.  Well, I know without a doubt that God is telling me to go to Tanzania to help those I can.  I know He will be beside me in all I do.  Several weeks ago when I was informed to wait for the government paperwork, I delayed my trip.  I also prayed to God and told Him I was turning this over to Him.  At that time, there was nothing else I could do from here.  I had sent in all the papers requested from my side and all that was left was the approvals from the Tanzanian side.

I listened to those who said wait and waited an extra 5 weeks to leave.  At this time, I am being pulled to go.  The time is now.  God is in control and He wants me to trust in Him as I go.  I will leave on Tuesday, March 22nd for Tanzania.  I plan to meet with the man who is working on my papers on Thursday to see where things are.  Just this morning, I heard from him that everything should be filed and in the works on Monday.

Some of you may wonder what the trip will be like.  Well, I will fly from here at 2pm to Chicago where I will catch another plane to Doha, Qatar.  I will leave Chicago at 6:30 pm and arrive in Doha around 5pm on March 23rd.  From there, another plane will take me to Dar es Salaam, Tanzania arriving there around 1205am on March 24th.  I am flying with five 50# bags!!  Once I arrive in Dar, I will go to the bus station and hopefully get these bags on a bus for Chimala.  The plane from Dar to Mbeya is small and I cannot take all this luggage with me.

I will spend the 24th in Dar and as I stated earlier, I will hopefully meet with Emilio who is handling my paperwork.  Also I am planning to sleep for a while!  My plane from Dar to Mbeya will arrive in Mbeya around 11am on the 25th where someone from Chimala will pick me up and after purchasing some groceries, we will head to Chimala.  We will arrive in Chimala around 4-5pm!  Then the real work begins. I cannot wait!

Please pray for safe travels and that I will continue to listen to the Lord and do His will.  I am so thankful to have all of you with me in this work!  Your support emotionally, spiritually and financially is so important.  You are vital to the success of this mission.  May God bless you for your good works.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAREWELL TO CHIMALA MISSION

OC Students leave their "mark".....

From Tanzania to Oregon