The Green Mamba.....

I have never been a very good dancer....mostly cause I didn't dance except for a couple of years when line dancing was the rage.  When the "Macaraina" was the rage, I just thought it was silly.  But now, the "Green Mamba".....this is a jolt of adrenaline!!  Let me explain.

When I see the "Green Mamba", my pulse goes up, my adrenaline surges and most people who are around start jumping and screaming.  That is because this is the "Green Mamba"......


This little guy is very poisonous and was on my screen door.  I was in the house and one of the girls was coming to get me for church.  As she reached to open my door, she noticed the snake and started yelling with that intense, high-pitched scream that young girls have.  She yelled for the security guard, but she was yelling in English and he speaks swahili.  So after yelling for the guard 3 times, she changed to yelling for her Dad.  Chad, the guard and another one of the Tanzanians came to help us.  At first the snake wiggled into hiding, cut the guard prevailed by finding him and doing him in!!!
I know he looks really small, but we are all really scared of them!!!


After we all got our selfs pulled together, we got in the car to go to church.  I will admit that the adrenaline rush was still up when we noticed this guy in the road in front of us.  Unfortunately, he looks small in this picture but he was really pretty big.  This is a pic of a camelion.

We did make it to church and I might add that we went to Chosi A which is more commonly known as "the Bat church".  So all in all, it was a great night......snakes, lizards and bats.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAREWELL TO CHIMALA MISSION

OC Students leave their "mark".....

From Tanzania to Oregon