"It's Not Okey with Me"

I just finished reading a book called "Its NOT OKEY with ME" by Janine Maxwell. It was a very straight to the point book about the injustices and poverty especially in Africa. The lady that wrote the book spent time in several countries in Africa rescuing street children.   If you are interested, this is an excellent book.  But it is not for the weak.

It is really hard to imagine what becomes "okey" amount the poor.  I have spent several days in the Chimala Hospital over the last couple of weeks.  One of the needs we have is mattresses for the beds.  I am attaching pictures of  3 of the mattress currently in use.  And this is Not Okey with Me!  However, I need help with raising money to purchase new mattress.  The cost is $50 per mattress.
I am asking for anyone who would like to help me to send money to:
Chimala Mission
c/o New York Avenue Church of Christ
5371 New York Avenue
Arlington, TX  76018
 
Please put a note with your tax free donation stating the money is for Cheryl Bode's workfund.  Any funds sent to my workfund exceeding my $1,500 monthly need will go directly to purchasing mattress for the next two months - March and April.   So that I know you want your money to go for mattresses, please also send me a short e-mail to cheryl.bode@yahoo.com informing of the amount of money you are donating and that it is for mattresses and I will make sure that is where your money goes.


 The female ward and male ward need at least 60 mattresses. 
 
 I know that I have many medical friends out there.  Please pass this on to everyone you know.  Let's see if we can raise enough money for all these mattresses.
 
 Please..
 
 I cannot even imagine placing one of my family members on one of these mattresses.  Can you?
 
 
 
 


Comments

  1. Hi Cheryl! Great blog and enjoy staying in touch. You should have an email from me :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FAREWELL TO CHIMALA MISSION

OC Students leave their "mark".....

From Tanzania to Oregon