Watching my "African Squirrels"!!

"African squirrel".  What is an "African squirrel".  Well I have yet to see anything that remotely looks like a squirrel in America.  But I have decided that these are my "African Squirrels".  I could sit for hours watching play.  Of course, I am too busy to actually do that, but I do manage a few minutes here and there to watch them.


The trees in my yard and across the roadway from me are often full, and I do mean full, of these tree monkeys.  Many times when I see them, I do not have my camera handy.  However, this one day I did manage to get several pictures.


The baby monkeys are so cute and soooo fast.!  I have seen some really young babies recently and too many to count.

They roll around and wrestle just like kids do.  Chasing each other around the trees and up and down just like squirrels.  And they can even be a little mean....they will throw things at you and I have also heard they will steal things and take off with them.

You have heard of "Curious George".  He was a monkey too.  And these monkeys are curious.  I actually had one run right towards me.  I froze hopeing to get a good picture, but a lass, when I adjusted the camera he was quickly gone.

Another thing you will find in the trees here are a beautiful variety of birds.  Here are some I saw yesterday.

Aren't they beautiful?!! 

It is such a blessing to be able to live in another area of God's creation.  To see new things, learn about a new culture and live with those who are 1/2 a world away.  I praise God for all He has made and for this opportunity to live, learn, teach and help.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAREWELL TO CHIMALA MISSION

OC Students leave their "mark".....

From Tanzania to Oregon