Church with the Masai

Yesterday, the Wagner's and I attended church at a village called Matebete.  This is a Masai Village.  The area was very pretty and the church was really nice.  Church started a bit late because many of the church members were still milking cows, but it filled up very well.




This little one cried the first time one of us attempted to talk with her.  Now she is beginning to get a little curious.

This is a picture of all who attended church.  I really enjoyed the service and the visiting afterwards.



One of the young girls allowed me to try on her tribal necklace.  It was actually a little heavy.
 
 

One of the attendees was the "chairman" of the village.  During our visit, we were informed that we could stay for a small lunch and then the masai would dance for us!  WOW, what a surprise....an exciting surprise.  What will follow is several pictures of them dancing.  You won't  get the full effect without hearing them chanting, but I hope you will be able to appreciate the pictures.

This was lunch.  Chips (french fries) and some type of meat which had been cooked until crunchy.  I was afraid I might break a tooth on it.  All in all, not too bad. 
 
I shared my lunch with one of the ladies from the church and in return she gifted with several masai bracelets.
 

I hope you can see how the man in the center is jumping high.


 
 

Twice one of the warriors picked me to come dance with them.  I declined both times.  Just didn't have the courage to show my inabilities.
 
 
At the end of our time together, these three wanted their pictures with us girls.  We were honored.

It was a great day and as friendships were made, I am confident that we will have many more days with the Masai.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAREWELL TO CHIMALA MISSION

OC Students leave their "mark".....

From Tanzania to Oregon