On a lighter note....

I am glad to report that all is calm on the mission front so far this week.  Much paperwork remains to be completed by the staff and many patients from the accident are returning for follow-up visits.

I want to just have a little light-hearted post for today.  I have a few pictures to share with a little information for you.

I hope you can see these two giraffes.  They are wood-carvings which I have placed outside my bedroom window.  Aren't they cute?!!
 
 
Here is our whole team. From left to right:  Chad, Rene, Laura, Chandra, Mika, Anna and Jonah Wagner; Cyndi and Bill Stinson, Cheryl Bode and Garry Hill.  At this time, we are expecting two more families to join our team this summer.  We pray this will happen.
 
 
Randy Carroll from New York Avenue Church of Christ, Arlington, TX.  If you have been following my blog, you are aware that Randy has been here visiting for the past couple of weeks.  He will be leaving us this Friday.  It is our prayer that Randy will return next year with a group of high school students from the Arlington area.  In the photo, Randy is preaching at the church located on the mission.
 
 There were many people present to hear Randy preach the Word of God.
 
 
There was one funny thing (to me anyway) that happened during the last few days.  As I told you, I had some bats in my attic.  We nominated the smallest guy to get them out.  His name is John and he is also the electrician.  I am sure by the look on his face when he was nominated to do bat-duty, he did not believe this was really in his job description.  However, without complaint he successfully removed the bats from my house and blocked up the holes.  I was so glad John was able to get rid of the bats that I told Chad Wagner what he had done.  Chad and Renee inform me they have bats and so the next day or so, John was nominated again to do bat removal duty.  Now today, Bill and Cyndi reported bats to him.  Poor John....he has now become the professional bat-remover!
 
I will leave you today with a picture of a really pretty oil painting I found in my house.  Unfortunately, it was folded and stuffed in a cabinet.  I had it mounted, but there was a little damage to it.  I hope you enjoy it like I do.
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAREWELL TO CHIMALA MISSION

OC Students leave their "mark".....

From Tanzania to Oregon