Visit to the Mfumbi Church of Christ

Some of you may remember that I performed a "survey" trip to Chimala Mission last summer.  I spent two months here "checkin things out".  Anyway, during that trip, I visited a small village called Mfumbi.  At this village, many of the children had ringworm and skin infections.  Over a six week period of time, 56 children were treated.

Yesterday, I went to church at Mfumbi to worship God, but I also wanted to see those children again.  Many of the children were there.  I did not get pictures as there was alot going on.  They were having a day of study on "fellowship".  The church was full with the regular members and visitors from the Chimala Bible Institute.  The women of the congregation also fixed lunch.  I will say that I did not see the ringworm and skin infections like I did before.  There are also two albino children who were treated for skin infections.  I saw and talked with those children.  They were staying out of the sun like I taught them and even the other children were aware they needed to be in the shade.  It was good to see the other children playing with them  Often, albino's are neglected and rejected.


The church was as full as it could get.  And the singing was absolutely amazing!  My heart was full of praises to God as I listened to the Swahili songs.


After church, the women prepared rice and chicken for all to enjoy while they fellowshipped together. 




This was my lunch.  There was no way I could eat all of this food.  It was enough for 4 or 5 people!  But I did eat what I could.


  And of course, I have to show you pictures of the beautiful children.  They are precious in HIS sight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAREWELL TO CHIMALA MISSION

OC Students leave their "mark".....

From Tanzania to Oregon