HOW DO WE KNOW?…

 When God is talking to us?  When I believe He wants me to do this or that, how do I know it is really Him talking to me and not me just wishing it so?  When something bad happens, is He talking to me then too?  Or could that be satan?  I mean doesn’t satan work in our lives too?  My mother and I would talk often to each other about how God works in our lives and what it feels like to feel that God is guiding you to do something and also about how satan works against us.  We enjoyed these theological discussions and going back and forth.  Recently, the sermon at church was about will power and then turned to what I would say is God power.  Will power will only take you so far….it has limitations.  We must remember 2 things.  1). We must have faith in God and 2) we must have faith in the power of God.  A statement the preacher said which hit me was the definition of a Christian Atheist.  He believes in God but not in His power.

I believe in God, His Power and that He speaks to us when we listen.  I know He sent me to Chimala when I went in Jan. 2013 and I fell in love with the life He provided for me and the way He allowed me to work in the lives of those around me.  I also believe He is showing me this path again.  The doors are being opened and I am on my way to serve Him again in Chimala.

I do not know how to thank all of you who are partnering with me by supporting this work with encouragement and work-funds.  Before doing long-term missions, I was so ignorant of what it took to pick up and move to a new country.  It is not easy.  When reports were given at church about our missionaries in this or that county, it sounded so magical and easy for them.   It is not man (or woman) who makes missions work, but God working thru the missionary.  And the missionary needs many others to help in various ways, mostly with prayers and encouragement…. And oh, yes, funds.  So many of you have stepped up to help.

I know that you do not want me to put your names out here, so I want to show you somehow the wide reach of God’s hand on the work in Chimala.  I am going to list some cities and states where I am receiving funds from.  Remember, I am in Guthrie, OK.

Warrensburg, MO            Henderson, TX                Santa Monica, CA            Monroe, OR

Edmond, OK                    Brownsville, TN             Fulton, KY                        Dublin, OH

Montgomery, AL             Spring, TX                      Spencer, TN                      Arlington, TX

Medford, OR                   Rocky Mount, NC          Manchester, TN                

I have in no way been to all of these places or met all of you.  It has to be God who is putting us together for the good of this mission.  Please continue to pray for Chimala Mission and myself and I will pray for all of you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAREWELL TO CHIMALA MISSION

OC Students leave their "mark".....

From Tanzania to Oregon