SPEED BUMPS AND HICCUPS

 Don’t you just love speed bumps.  They slow down your progress, but they can’t really stop you.  You just take them in stride and continue on.  Now I am sure you have had a few really bad encounters with speed bumps, just like I have.  I mean sometimes you find a speed bump where you lest expect it and you are cruising along when you hit it before you can slow down.  “Wham!”  You hit it hard and everyone in the vehicle flys out of their seat, hitting their heads on the ceiling or on the window.  Everyone yells “OW!”.

Or how about the incessant episodes of hiccups that never seem to end.  They usually come out of nowhere, last so long that you start hurting with each hiccup.  Others around you try to make you stop with all their home remedies for them.  These episodes may slow you down for a short time, but eventually they go away and you continue on with what you were doing.

Well,  My plans to return to Chimala have hit a small speed bump.  In order to stay in any country, you must go through all their paperwork hoops.  Tanzania has quite a few hoops to jump through.  I did all these hoops before and was ready for them.  I began filling out paperwork in Nov. 2021.  In the middle of January, I was notified of a new requirement.  My High School diploma…. I have no idea where my High School diploma is!  It took me a couple of weeks to find a copy (or rather, get a duplicate issued).  Yesterday, I was informed that my paperwork will not be ready next week!!

I was scheduled to leave next Tuesday!  So today we have all discussed my options and I have rescheduled my departure to March 1st.  The person doing all my paperwork in Tanzania is confident the papers will be ready by the time I arrive.  So things are still moving forward, they just hit a small speed bump which slowed me down a little.  However, God is still in control and the mission will go on.

Just want to add a THANK YOU here to all those who are donating to this mission.  Together we will make a difference in the lives of many.

Blessings to ALL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAREWELL TO CHIMALA MISSION

OC Students leave their "mark".....

From Tanzania to Oregon